Northern Rivers Short Film Competition
Sat 26th: Byron All Shorts Finalists – door 3pm | films 4pm
Sun 27th: Byron All Shorts Awards – door 7pm | awards 8pm
(Prior to Flickerfest’s Best Of Australian Shorts)
Mullum Civic Hall
Byron All Shorts will be held on Saturday 26th Jan, with the finalists from the Northern Rivers region hotly contesting for prizes that recognise excellence in short film making.
Last year these amazing local films screened to a capacity house at the Mullum Civic Hall, alongside the Flickerfest International Short Film Festival screenings.
The awards are selected by the esteemed jury of local film makers & industry experts.
Entries close: Friday, 14th December 2018 – download entry form here !
check out Last years Finalists & Awards here.
A Few Key Planning Hurdles Being Achieved
Limited public access provisions currently apply to the Island Quarry while some key DA consent conditions are finalised.
During recent times the Trust has made substantial progress in addressing these conditions through constructing onsite works including:
– Installation of a 350 metre long safety fence around the quarry waterhole.
(Installed early 2014; we have currently receiving final sign-off on our fence conditions)
– Ewingsdale Rd access road-works, bike path & earth-bund landscaping as per Council approval are all but complete (after numerous amendments).
However the roundabout & our access is currently being reassessed as part of a new larger roundabout being planned on Ewingsdale Rd.
– Installation of a 2 kW Solar Pumping system (supplying water to the flow-forms water feature that oxygenates the water-body; & also to supply water for the gardens)
– Site perimeter fencing along Ewingsdale Rd frontage has been installed to assist with reserve management and security and to reduce theft, vandalism and unsafe behaviour that had occurred in the past.
– NEW: Received funding NSW Govt Dept of Industry through the Public Reserves Management Fund Program (PRMFP) for iQ Reserve’s western boundary security fencing.
It is important to note that during this time, private activities and functions such as weddings, ceremonies, receptions, small workshops & film shoots are still able to be held on the Reserve, subject to application and approval by the Trust.
The Trust looks forward to a full re-opening of the Reserve to the public once all consent conditions for public events are completed.
In the interim, if you would like to volunteer or get involved in the community garden please contact us, or if you’re interested in receiving occasional updates please send us an email with: ‘Please add to iQ Updates’ in Subject line.
Share your knowledge, energy & more …
Come and learn more about:
- Organic gardening & Permaculture,
- Recycling centre,
- Information Technology,
- Byron shire arts & cultural movement,
- Sustainable development,
- Sculpture activities,
- Film events,
- & much more.
Contribute your skills, interact with interesting people.
To Volunteer, email us.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Organic garden workers.
Come along and lend a hand to regenerate the natural surrounds and create the gardens.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays – contact us to join in..